viernes, 19 de septiembre de 2014

"No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world"

Cinema it’s an art, its a way of expression. Its a way of telling stories which inspire the human being. The capacity of directors to reach so many people and change their lives is something that have always impress me. We are on a really technological era where multimedia and audiovisual communication are in the spotlight. People prefer to watch a film rather than read a book, that’s why cinemas role in our century and the past one its really important. Cinema has the power of changing peoples way of thinking in a matter of time, the power of controlling people's mind and people's personality. This power has to be used in a correct way, which differentiates a good film and a good director from mediocres ones. A good director knows the consequences a bad movie can have and avoid this kind of cinema, in order to educate people and make them enjoy. As the title of this entry says (it's an inspiring quote from "The dead Poets society"), ideas can change the world! Just develop them in order to make a better world. 


As you could see in my future entries or posts, the topic im going to talk about its cinema. I’ve always love this seventh art. There’s something in the movies that makes me feel really attracted to them and love everything in relation with this mysterious and fascinating world. Many people say that all this likes and hobbies came from surrounding people. People in contact with you are the ones which transmit their own passion to you. They hand over the baton to us. And i really think that’s, in a way, true. I believe that this passion towards the cinema it’s something I carry on the blood. I love watching films and reading reviews about any kind of them, and the most important fact in the development of this hobby was that I have really huge people, professionally talking, in my family which fortunately had passed me over this precious baton.  My aunt Cristina acts for a living, and my uncle, even though he doesn't act any more, he used to shot films too.
             





















My aunt Cristina it’s a really professional actress, I’ve aways admire her determination and hard-work and I really would love to be at least half as professional as she is when I get older. She never seems to get tired (at least she never outlines it) and she really enjoys what she does, which is reflected on her work. I would sound like a really proud niece but this perseverance had led her many times to be nominated for some prices, and even won a Goya Price (one of the most important national prices nowadays). 




But this is my connection to the world of cinema in general, to be more concrete I also love american cinema, I used to watch lots of american films with my aunt when I was little, and this is something which has grown with me. The american cinema it's a nearly perfect art, its a really complete cinema, which has stand out in every genre. From comedies to action films, from Science fiction films to cartoons. Even though they weren’t the fathers of this art, the americans started throughout the years to dominate the sector, until becoming nowadays the principal cinematographic potency. In this very interesting process I'm going to focus my posts in the latest 40 years but all this process over the time is briefly explained on an spanish blog I saw last monday. I copy the link in case you want to read a  summary about american cinema to have a general idea. 




 







                     










I think and believe that if something is taught to you with love and passion this start to be really important in your life, if someone transmits you through their words all her love to the spoken subject, that love starts to grow in you and it never stops. This is something that my aunt has given to me, I’ve never heard anyone talking about anything with such a tact and passion at the same time. Admiration and respect. Love and fear. Expectation and hope. Wisdom and inquisitiveness. And well, all those things that my aunt mades me feel while talking with her about cinema, are the things that I want to make you feel too while reading this posts, so I hope you’ll enjoy all this entries as much as I know I will do while writing them. Never stop believing in the power of dreams and passion. 


Paula Ezcurra
Audiovisual Communication 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario