jueves, 18 de septiembre de 2014

Jumping to fame

USA isn't Spain. Football, soccer wrongly called, isn't the daily bread. In the States, not even Pelé; one of the best football players in history, was able to make this country focus away from basketball, baseball and 'their football'. Sport is above all, and englobles them all. Someone defined it as the most important thing of the less important things in life. Impossible to be more accurate.

The truth is that sports in the US are organized in such a proper way that it isn't a surprise the fact that every four years they are fighting against China and Russia in the Olympics for medals. Wide range of different modalities, more of the same of americans posing for photos kissing medals. They actually are an example worth to follow. Good management, better athletes: Michael Jordan, Michael Phelps, Joe Montana, Tiger Woods, Zack Greinke, Landon Donovan, Tyson Gay... 

  
Michael Jordan and his famous dunk which earned him the nickname of 'Air Jordan'. Source: Creative Commons Search


But, why sports? First of all, because I'm passionate about it and I'm fond of sports: I love practicing, I enjoy watching it in TV, listening to it in the radio, reading about it in the papers; everything. I've been attached to them since I learnt to speak. It all starts with football, then you get interested by other sport, later on you practice another one, and finally you end up watching Eurosport weekly. The second reason is that I'm curious about it, I reckon that it's required to be curious not only to one, but to sports in general. If you really like something, you should be willing to keep learning more and more, it's never enough. The more the merrier.
I started playing all sort of games at the age of 5, and it was a matter of time that I wrote about them. So asking the question, my connection to this topic is that I'm keen on writing about it, and give my personal view over different aspects. Furthermore, I have some experience in this, proof of that are the blogs I've been trying to get updated in order to learn and to tell people stuff I consider remarkable.



Tomás Orihuela.
Journalism

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario